Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Normal.

Woke up to Margaritaville by I think Jimmy Buffet. Man, did that make me homesick. I started to wonder about all the friends I left behind in Mexico. I still have a strong urge to return there one day. After, I ate a bowl of Fruit Loops, showered, put on my shirt and tie, and went to work.
Two drunks were sitting at the bus stop, passing a bottle of Jack between them. At six in the morning. Oh, well. When you gotta have it you gotta, I guess. At any other time, I would have joined them. But I am still down with this damn cold. I wish I didn't smoke that weed last night with David...I am so tired. So weak. I have had a sore throat for about two weeks now. Perhaps a trip to the croakers is in order.
At work, time went a little slow. Got yelled at by abusive guests. Same old shit. Man, what a boring normal existence. I dream of Mexico on a daily basis. After work, went home and cooked dinner. Grilled chicken in tomato salsa with Spanish rice. A nice glass of Merlot. Did some final edits on my laptop to that movie I filmed in Tijuana. It lifted me out of the doldrums for a bit. David came home from his job, we talked, ate, and fucked. That boy really can make one work up a sweat. Went to sleep around nine-thirty. Gads, is this what is like to be normal? How can you people deal with it?

3 comments:

katehopeeden said...

Normalcy varies from person to person. Whatever your particular 'normal' is will be comforting. If this isn't, maybe it's time you spiced things up some :)

~Kate

rich said...

some imaginations are hard at work and on all the time.

Dingle-Dangle said...

Reality and normalcy are for people who can't handle drugs. Also noticed the pic and i couldn't help but think of the Simpson's episode when they
come to nyc and Bart licks a pole in the subway. Of course, I only use those poles when necessary cause I'm cool like that.