Friday, April 01, 2005

Plusgood/doubleplusungood.


Well, yesterday was my last day at work and I went home and purchased a ticket on Southwest Airlines one way to San Diego. My flight leaves this Tuesday. I miss Carlos and Hector and all the others. But will reunite with those scurvy chaps soon enough. Will stay with Carlos until I get employment and start saving cash for The Grand Project. More on that later.
Woke up sick. My insides seemed to turn to mush. Every time I go to the toilet, it's like chocolate pudding being blown out of the muffler of a '57 Chevy. Laid in bed and played my Gameboy. Boring, so's I trot downtown and meet Tony and the Downtown Irregulars (Some crack whore and two unfortunate-looking queens.) for breakfast. Because of my delicate condition, it was toast and 7up.
One of the queens, a tween runaway from Illinois, shivered and said, "I saw the scariest movie last night...Carrie two."
Ugh.
He continued, "You know...it scared me because it could happen."
I said between nibbles, "Okay, when was the last time a girl gave you the evil eye and you burst into flames?"
Boring drivel. I said my goodbyes and decided to go to the movies.
Sin City. Jesus fucking Christ that was one of the best American-made films I had seen in quite a long time!!! An ultra-violent adaptation of the comic book that stars Bruce Willis (For this I forgive him for The Whole 10 Yards.) and Mickey Roark. Everyone in this film is evil and fucked up. Elijah Woods is just damn creepy! I won't spoil the storyline and review it here, but just get your asses to the cinema and check it out! Fabulous!
After that, I was so drained, I returned home, had a bowl of Fruity Pebbles, and hunkered down to a good book. George Orwell's 1984. Worth the re-read. Still feeling sick, though.

2 comments:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Why do you hang out with people who have actually seen "Carrie 2"? *gasps* OMG I'm a film snob!

LMB said...

I know. It's horrible...what was more terrifying is that this prepubescent thought it was good movie. Blech. I tried talking to them of other films, "Before Night Falls" or "What Ever happened To baby Jane?", but all I got back was blank stares.

What is becoming of our youth today?