Sunday, December 03, 2006

I, Robot

Was on Yahoo Messenger when popped outta no where my sister Marie. Had not spoken to her in years - decades it seems. I have went out of my way to distance myself from that family of mine - uncaring, viscious, gossipy, backstabbing, brutal vipers. Nothing but bad memories - faded double exposed photographs rather forgotten.

And so it went something like this:
HER: Hello? Hello, Luis, are you online?
ME: What is it?
HER:Hi, little brother, it's been so long! I haven't heard from you, Father said you are in Texas. Is that true?
ME: No.
HER: Well, Scott (Her husband)had a stroke and has retired from the military and we have relocated to Texas. Mother has been worried that she hasn't heard from you in such a while. What are you doing for the holidays?
ME:Sorry to hear about Scott. Uhm...not to be curt, but I need to finish a transaction online and you interrupted.
HER:Well, maybe we can talk another time?
ME: Perhaps. I have to go.
HER: Well, I love you and Merry Christmas.
ME: Good bye.
And I ended the transmission.

I hold no emotions for these people. I don't know them anymore. That person that grew up with them is dead - he does not exist. I have no family. I have come to the final conclusion that I will live on this world alone and die alone. As all old gay men - bitter with resentment.

No comments: