Saturday, January 27, 2007

Knock it off, God!

Just when I was all comfy and cozy in my self deprecation...
It seems fortune has smiled on me once again and I have taken it with the usually numb apathy. I broke down in a tender and dramatic moment yesterday to my manager and spun the web of woe concerning my living arrangements at St. Vincent de Paul's. He took pity on my plight and I now reside in a room free and gratis at the hotel until the first of the month when I move into my new digs in Tijuana. I moved in this morning - no more stinking hobos, no more babbling loonies, no more screaming maniacs...
Oh Joy! Oh rapture!
Oh crap. The only problem is I am without funds for food - perhaps I can finagle him out of an advance in pay, too. I do not receive my first paycheck until the 31st of this month. But, son cosas de la vida, bitches. Yup - looks like everything is coming up roses now - let's see how long this ride lasts...

No comments: