Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Hiding Behind a Pillar of Fire.

Thought I'd give that nuisance Fernie a second - no, make that third chance to go right with me. He invited me across the border down ol' Mexico way on account he wanted contact lenses and see the sights. After spending most of the morning gagging off of the stench in the Opportunity Center - a flop house that is even worse than the El Paso Rescue Mission...filthy unwashed bums lay in their own feces and vomit on the dirt covered tiled floor as the beat staff looks on in uncaring apathy - after Fernie attended his business with MHMR me and that bad seed hightailed it across the border for some unclean fun. Crossing the International Bridge passing hawkers taxi drivers on the hustle and pobres with their hands clutching out forever we strolled down Avenida Juarez under that bright blue Mexican sky.
We ate tacos carne asadas at Taco Lucas - a favorite of mine - and then the clown started in. Fernie began disrespecting me in front of my friends, namely Chuey; the cook I have known to work at the restaurant for eight years.
Eating quickly - and Fernie downing six beers to my two - I ushered him out to the hot bustling streets and thought I'd show him Bar Buen Tiempo - an old hang out of mine. Not two minutes in the door, queer decided to start bitching and complaining about the citizens. There was this tall thin handsome guy there staring at us and as Fernie was at the jukebox trying to find something to play - I invited the guy over to share drinks with us. His name was Alex and a real nice fella, too. We began talking and joking, enjoying each others company.
Fernie blatantly began asking if he could score for some soda (coke.) in which Alex nervously said he could probably attain some. Earlier, Fernie ping ponged back and forth about going to Banos Roma - Juarez's bath house. Now, since Alex mumbled that he could probably get coke there - Fernie whined for us to go to Banos Roma.
Not even finishing our beers - we headed out and over to the baths. Myself and Alex were prepared to have a hoot - but again all Fernie did was complain. Undressing and going into the steam room, Alex, I and a hotter than hell guy had an innerestin threesome. Alex was hung like a fucking donkey and our new friend was all muscle and ass! Outside, Fernie sulked and bitterly stated that the place was a dump - it being his first time there. I just ignored that dope and did my thing - and that was being a complete whore. It was good kicks.
Later, I met Alex in the hall and he shyly stated that he was leaving because Fernie kept badgering him to get coke and I don't blame the kid - Fernie just deteriorated into an asshole. Again. This being the third friend Fernie has alienated from me since my return to El Paso.
I said my regretful goodbyes to Alex and continued to play around with the indigenous locals - meanwhile Fernie was downing beer after beer and became a complete mess. So, unable to take his shit anymore - we left.
I strode through the streets in fear of running into a patrol as Fernie stumbled drunk off of his ass behind me. At the frontier, INS gave me heat for not having a passport or birth certificate, but passed me with a stern warning. Land of the free....
Outside customs, asshole became inhospitable when I wouldn't go with him to buy any coke - a few hostile remarks to each other and I dumped that worthless shit. Never again. I split on my way and out of anger I got the balls to go to the apartment complex that I was renting from before I left to San Diego the last time. After a long tender and heartfelt plea that I should have won an Oscar for, the landlady agreed to let me rent an apartment again - and even in my old place! Wheeee!
So, it looks like I will be pow wowing here in El Paso for a spell. And I apologize for the ranting and badly written post - I just don't feel like writing today but I had to vent...

No comments: