Monday, September 08, 2008

Dillying and Dallying.

Strolled out of the Miami Sun Hotel and down to the boardwalk to get some scrumptious breakfast at Cafe Cuban. A big mess of scrambled eggs, sausage, a large loaf of toasted buttered bread and some Cuban coffee - the coffee was amazing! The waiter - Juan - was queer to be sure and dark and hot. The breakfast was a wee bit yummier because of him.
Walked around town to dig the local flavor - beach town, not too different from San Diego. Except the air is so damn muggy - my shirt is always damp from sweat. The fear is that there is Hurricane Ike off of the coast of Cuba heading this way and will blow the wrath of God up every one's ass. Anyway, sat in the shade of a palm and sipped on a fruit drink - the mode of wear here is your basic jeans/shorts, sandals, t-shirt. My eyes followed the Caribbean boys as they strutted too and fro - nothing like their Mexican counterparts. There is this aura of wild boy sensuality about them - so alluring and seductive. I am looking forward to my first Caribbean adventure, if you know what I mean - wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more...
But, even now as I write this I am angsty - I want to dive straight into a shelter for a couple of months and save checks to continue to Puerto Rico. I have tried to ask a couple of the indigenous homeless here - but, I just get the usual arrogant hobo bullshit. So, going on line - I hit a web site that had list of the shelters located downtown. I must find them before this weather gets foul.
And so, my time at the hotel is drawing to an end and now I must go Underground...

2 comments:

mkf said...

miami, huh? bastardo afortunado.

whatever--i look forward to numerous first-person dissertations on the mexicano-v-cubano conundrum--not to mention a comprehensive "gay guide to miami"--before you board the plane for san juan.

LMB said...

Damn tootin'!