Saturday, July 04, 2009

The Iguana Doesn't Live Here Anymore.

I have hit a writers block like you can't believe. I have wracked my overly compulsive brain with this new work I am typing out and quite seriously the subject matter has put me in a frumpy depression. I mean, personally - and I wouldn't have it any other way - I am living the life that so many of my fellow readers have long windedly bleated about for so many years. I now live an extremely sedate life in a comfortable house in a quiet neighborhood on a beach. Exactly like you wanted.
Don't hardly go out, hardly drink, talk with a few good friends. Hell, even got a book published and working on a second monstrosity. However, traveling is in my blood and I need a shot of chaos once in a while. It's driving my adventurous side utterly mad.
So, yesterday took a shambling bus downtown and purchased a flight with Mexicana Airlines to Mexico City. My plan is to stay there a few days, then meander down to the ruins of Pelenque and the final destination will be the Mayan City of Tikal in Guatemala - chatting and getting to know the locals along the way. And me being the freaky weirdo magnet - I can only imagine the adventure that awaits.
Reckon I will finish Tweeker upon my return and maybe fresh material for a new book.
No time limit - no schedule. Just a general idea of where I want to end up...
Wanna come along? If not, don't worry - of course, I will file a full report...

No comments: