Saturday, February 11, 2012

Number 5

I had recently received the first proof of my next novel titled Of Men And Maggots. I will be marking it up, correcting the usual petty mistakes - comma usage, changing a word here, deleting a word there, adding new dialogue and such. 380 pages and I am at chapter three and quite pleased with it.
It is the true story of a seven day trip me and an old lover named Juan Holguin took across the United States from El Paso, TX to San Diego, CA and the mis-adventures and odd-balls we encountered. Unlike my previous work, it is being presented as a work of fiction (though, it is not), I had changed the names: I am John Poston and Juan is now Rocko Tapia.
This has been taking up my time.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Exciting. Proofing the work you invested time into. I have never touched my own work put into published form but it sounds ... very exciting. You sound very proud with your posting and I know I speak for many readers out there when I say we are eager to read this latest creation of yours. Thanks!

LMB said...

Thank you for the kind words, MonkeyBrains! You give me inspiration! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hey LB,
I like how you said "across the United States from El Paso, TX to San Diego, CA" yet you only went over half of it ;-)

LMB said...

Thanks, Anon. I guess that makes us both half wrong...or half right.