Monday, May 13, 2013

It's Different This Time


…"It’s different this time."
Loneliness crushed his cigarette beneath his black boot and stared at the evening sky. It was still drizzling and the night had turned cold. I could see his breath when he sighed. "Have you ever stopped thinking that you are never enough? Have you completely exterminated the thought that you don’t deserve to be loved? Have you ever felt beautiful? More importantly, my good friend, when I started talking, did you ever stop thinking that you will lose again?”
I took a long drag of my cigarette, tossed it over the bridge, and watched it falter in the wind before disappearing in the river. I looked Loneliness in the face and saw the hint of a smirk. That damn smirk. I opened my mouth to present an argument. I had none.
"Don’t struggle anymore," said Loneliness, laying a firm hand on my exhausted shoulder, on my disenchanted and disintegrating soul. "Just give in. You know you eventually will. Why fight such an innocuous inevitability?"

2 comments:

Mind Of Mine said...

These posts you have been making over the past week or so, have me enthralled. It just feels so real. I am not sure, if its because you are putting all of yourself into it or if its because I am really feeling it.

Probably both.

LMB said...

Thank you for the kind words. I have been in high gear attempting to settle here in Tucson, AZ. It's a nice place. If all goes well, I may put my plans on traveling to Puerto Rico on hiatus or not. I haven't decided.

Glad you are enjoying the blog.