Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Words.

It's a hot sunny day here on the beach - the waves are crashing warmly against yellow sand, locals bask and play and chill, talking, eating flavored ice. Summer is definately here - what a long cold winter...
I stop at the local Office Depot and finally print a hard copy of my new novel Tweeker. It is half done - so much more to write about. The book is so raw, so brutal dealing with that addiction of mine that had faded into fog and nostalgia. That is why I haven't been keeping with this blog - focusing solely on that manuscript.
And what a funk of depression it has caused! Dredging up black memories that I purposefully suppressed - man, mentally I was down and out there for awhile. I thought that trip to Los Angeles would have alleviated it - but, on my end I think I came across as a zombied out bore.
People are recommending that I should go all out with both books and power sell them. Nah, not at this moment. I think I am going to keep Borrowed Flesh an underground wonder and peddle Tweeker as it is the great dark warning on addiction in our society today. Who knows, maybe it will become a college reading staple. Or more than likely passed around at NA meetings.
Well, getting prepared for the Gay Pride Festival here coming up on Saturday....will be a hoot, I'm sure.

No comments: