Monday, June 04, 2012

i heard he died.


Had I known that would be the last time we talked I would have never fallen silent. I would have looked you in the eyes and told you how I see the stars shine deep inside your soul; that light in your eyes, the kind you only see when you gaze off into the distance, deep in thought. I would have taken your hand, traced each and every line, scar, and flaw, only to tell you that you have the most impure yet perfect complexion. I would have put my hand on your heart and leaned my head into your chest, listening to the purity of your existence; just those two beats that make you human; the two sounds of life and love, like rhythm and rhyme, day and night. I would have pressed my lips against yours, the most gentlest parts of skin against one another, to remind you that no matter how rough your exterior may be, there is always the you that exists deep inside; the you that anyone rarely sees; the you that is shared with only those you trust most. I would have taken your head delicately in my arms, pressed it to my chest and whispered your name, cooing words of comfort, peace, and human desire. Had I known that would be the last time we talked I would have never fallen silent.

Memo Pascal Rodriquez 1983 - 2012 Rest In Peace

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Incredibly beautiful, terribly realistic, poignantly bittersweet. I was entirely moved by your words/emotion and most thoughtful tribute . Though a stranger, My Sincerest Condolences

Max said...

Beautiful words...the fleeting nature of life.