Saturday, August 02, 2008

American Psycho.

The beer was hitting me - felt the warm glow of a buzz coming on, you know. We stumbled out of the Bar Buen Tiempo into wet streets, a hazy drizzle shimmering down from that pitch black ominous sky. Through splashes of puddles we both headed into the maze of the Old Mercado - drug fiends and prostitutes of both sexes lurked in the shadowed corners.
I met the guy back at the bar after casual conversation over a few beers, not a minute too soon - that faggito Ernesto that sat to my right was deteriorating into a simpering shrilling bore. The guy introduced himself, in my drunken stage I can’t recall his name much less cared. All that I was entranced with was his tall thin stature and good looks - dressed kinda flashy, too. And the bomb dropped when he invited me over to his apartment for some rest and relaxation. Why not - wouldn’t you?
So, back in the Old Mercado, we dodged shady figures and drunks as we clomped along on the wet cobblestone. He mumbled something to the effect that he wanted beer before arriving at his flat and asked for 150 pesos - I handed him fifty. No, that wasn’t enough - and switched for the hundred peso note. Turning a corner, he asked for me to ‘wait here’ while he went for the beer. Nope, I’ll come along. Something fishy, I stated hissing through teeth, “And if you try to fuck me out of my pesos - I’ll break your fucking leg.” I was serious. And so was he as he bolted down the street. Asshole.
Sometimes you do things that are without reason and ration - without thinking of the circumstances that may occur from your actions. I don’t know why I did what I did - I believe at that moment, after four months of being ridiculed, shystered, robbed, and abused - I had reached my limit. I ran after the petty thief through the dark crumbling adobe houses south of the market. With great speed I overtook that motherfucker by grabbing him by his shirt tail - he swung and landed a nice tap to my left jaw. I yanked him in and wap!wap!wap! I wailed on that shit with all the hatred and accumulated frustration within me. He kicked and swung and dodged as I countered those precise blows. This ain’t gonna work - I’m not getting nowhere this way. And that’s when I decided to go psychotic.
Leaping up, I coiled around him and bit into the right side of his throat - as my left thumb dug into his left eye, I felt the warm sticky blood oozing down my chin. Wack! He punched me away and I jolted back, biting off a piece of his right ear. We both fell onto the wet ground, rolling in the mud and garbage - punching and choking. With a whir he was up and kicking me in the ribs - and was gone, racing back down the dark streets into that murky rain.
I stood up, screaming in unbridled rage with blood covering my lower face and splattered on my clothes in the dark drizzle, “Coward! Pig! All that for one hundred pesos! You could of just asked and I would have gave it to you!” My hysteric rant echoing down windy streets at night.
I slammed open the door to Bar Buen Tiempo caked in mud, filth, and blood. “Get me some napkins!” I roared at the bartender. That screaming faggot Ernesto - loaded off of all the booze I had purchased him earlier - gaily called out my name as I stomped to the rest room. “Shut up!” I yelled pointing across the bar at him. After cleaning the blood off of my hands, I returned to the bar amid frantic questions of the owner and a couple of friends. Without a word I stormed out - my thoughts were dark as the night.
I returned home and lay down, however as the numbing effects of the alcohol began to wear off - my body became wracked with pain, especially my right arm. I lay there moaning for a few hours until about five in the morning when it became unbearable I dressed and crawled across the border stateside. I stumbled into the nearest McDonald’s to ask the manager to please, please call 911 - I think my arm is broken. Half the naco crew looked slack jawed at me as if I was insane - the manager agreed to call. But that worthless fucker never did. Time passed. As the dawn crept up, I marched across the street to a pay phone and called myself. Within minutes I was surrounded by four squad cars and stone faced inquiring officers. I made up a tale that I was mugged on my way to work after I crossed the border - they weren’t buying it and just as I thought the jig was up, an ambulance screamed to the curb.
So, I was hauled to the nearest hospital wherein the croaker diagnosed me as a compound fracture in the right arm between the wrist and elbow - gave me a sling and sent me on my way. After lunching in a downtown Jack in the Box, I sat in the park adjacent to think things through. Mexico, for the last few months you have not been kind to me - we used to have such a smooth understanding, great repertoire - now, I just hate your stinking guts. I sat there smoking cigarette, cigarette, cigarette - knowing full well it was time for me to lay new tracks for a different part of the world.
I sat there as a shadow crossed me, looking up to see the skinny frame of William Wiggins standing with hands on hips, “What the fuck happened to you?”
I blearily gazed up, took a long drag and croaked, “Old friend, I sure as shit can use some cock right now.”
After downing two quick beers as The Tap bar we curtailed it to Trixxx Adult Video - that perverted hideaway on Texas Ave. and quickly entered a booth. Plunking five dollars into the slot, William yanked down his shorts and peeled off his shirt as his erection flipped upward ready for action. William always was a trooper. Through the blue flickering of the cathode ray I sucked on that fucker like my life depended on it. William squirmed and grunted and broke a sweat as ten minutes later he came to a shivering climax. And then of course we did it once more.
Wiping up the best we could in that filthy restroom under the fay stares of the three patrons, William and I returned downtown, munched on some burgers and I bid my farewell. Finally crashing back at my pad - I have decided - this is it. I must GO

No comments: