Monday, October 13, 2008

Positives React.

To every negative there is a positive. Any fool knows that. No matter how bad you think things are going - at it's worse it can only get better. In my life I have learned it all depends on how you deal with the situation and the choices that you make of the out come.
I spent the weekend at my sister's house. An idyllic peaceful time. We talked, drank a few beers, threw a little bar-b-que, tended to some errands that needed to be tended. Enjoyed each others time immensely. Twenty year hiatus was cause of much catching up - and caught up we did. And her positive outlook was what I really needed, you know. Not just with her, I spoke with another sister via cell phone - her located in South Carolina enjoying the beer drenched debauchery of country lesbiandom - and a heated discussion of prementioned father.
Roll with it. That's what I know - that's how I live. I realize the Old Man will never change - he being one set firmly in his ways - so, just roll with it.
You long time readers understand, I have bitched long windily enough of the situation, that I want peace. To settle down and live a sedate lifestyle. Over the weekend I have pondered even staying here in Eureka - has everything I want, vital artist colony, a writers colony, modern cinema and an art house, good coffee shops and a Border's books. What else could I want. They have one gay bar here, however you understand American queer bars give me the jitters. Bu, perhaps that prejudice will change in time.
All things shall pass, they say. I guess it's time to put those old farts to the test...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know, the ups and the downs, the north and the south. How diverse and insane the US is... still, if we look for the similarities and start the long road of crushing the scoff; we are a long way to freedom. From what? Good question, let me know how it goes.

Thanks for being there,

Take care, this is for you...

Anonymous said...

Is anyone out there?

where is my friend?

lol take care

mkf said...

holy shit--you tryin to tell me you've found a moment of serenity in the grace of another living being, much less your sister?

i can only hope it's true (but then again, shitfaced drunks are the last true idealists).

Unknown said...

yeah it is all about the positives in life...

LMB said...

JESSE: I'm still here - but not for long.

MKF: Even that turned sour, man. I must of blacked out for two weeks - I can't for the life of me think what horrendous actions I did to warrant such hostilities. Then again, there is this blog and they occasionally read it...

GAYTE-KEEPER: How true, how true. However I am constantly surrounded by the negative malstroms. A ver...