Saturday, May 07, 2011

Do or Do Not, There Is No try.

I am a bit perplexed. A little depressed. Somewhat confused. My mind is in a muddle.
I have, at the moment, gotten cold feet on this teaching gig. I mean, it is not too late - I have received my certificates. However, I think it is because I am so comfortable and the thought of uprooting myself again and starting over in some foreign country does not appeal to me at this moment. My books are selling well and with that I have money to live moderately and I have been meeting new friends - writers, painters, musicians and such - here in the Sun City.
Do I want to go? The crazy, wing-nut side of me screams yes, while the old, tired, responsible side mumbles no. I am going to take the month of May off - no writing, no scheming, no planning - and just enjoy the spring month.
Then, I will make up my mind. Ha! Ha!

1 comment:

Mind Of Mine said...

As someone who has moved countries at the drop of a hat, I think you should do it. Just for the experience.