Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Wet Black Meat.

Dirt blows over cracked cobblestones. Razor barbed wire catches plastic bags singing horrible noises. Cold air bites hard and nasty through thin pants as I bolt across the bridge international hands in pockets, the winds blow fierce. Slap the thirty five cents down under the watchful eyes of the grossly obese rent-a-cop. He comments something...mumbles from fat chapped lips caked with white ectoplasm. That is why he has this job bloated fuck can't get anything else. It is a race up and over. Couple huddle scamper past me - I dodge around two old ladies, bags blocking my way. Halfway over tall handsome Mexican boy looks off over at the river. What is he looking at? A friend crossing? Dreaming of his next trek? What are in those sad brown dry eyes...
I walk down the garish arabesque neon of Juarez Avenue. Not a soul. Drunk corpse lies in some one else's overcoat, shiny over the dirt. Cowboy a foot away talks to Durango via cellular. Taxi drivers don't even bother me. The wind blows harder. Trash and dirt swirls in eddies across the street up up into the blank dark. Dirt in my eyes. Fucking desert! I cross a street in front of Tequila Derby - Weekend be-bop joint for teenage revilers and high school hipsters - look down the alley. Taxi? Said meekly. He knows I need nothing. I stop to buy a pack of Lucky Strikes from my friend huddled in a cove of crumbling masonry, small television emitting black and white images of The Simpsons in Espanola. We chat on the weather. Nasty. Muy feo.
Two queens walk by and give me the eye as I pass The Cafe. I stride up to the corner and cut down my street, hands in jacket pocket, cigarette hanging from mouth in a real James Dean fashion, you dig, giving the fags their B-movie production. Down my silent street. Lampposts emit yellow glows...some areas dark and foreboding with shadow like phantoms moving in them. Black dog drags something grisly and wet in its maw. It whines and stops. Scratch. Scratch. Picks the black wet thing up again and trots off down the dark street lined with brick and adobe houses. Is it meat?
I light another cigarette and walk to the corner, the wind is howling fierce. I stand under the lamp and listen to the buzzing of the condenser. I think of Oscar. I think of William. I think of Tony. I think of all the things I have done the previous year. Sometimes I wish I never left Tijuana. Juarez is not bad, but the climate is so hellish. It makes me maudlin and lonely. I finish my cigarette. Enter my house and pound this out on my computer while listening to Blue Bob.
I am really in a funk right now. I feel so lonely.

5 comments:

ML said...

No angel, come on man your not one for funks, whats wrong? why so glum chum? things always look up for you man, why are you so lonely ? i think people around you must be happy to have you next to them, and never regret leaving tijuana, you follow your own path luis, you are the ocean man, you are the ocean.

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

A very wise man (you of course) once told me the best way to get out of the blues was to watch a good film. It's worked for me ever since why don't you try it?

Hermes said...

When I'm feeling blue I masturbate. Then afterwards I feel worse. I lie in contemplative silence and watch the sticky puddle on my belly slowly dry out.

LMB said...

M.L.: Yeah, you just get in one of those moods, you know. There is a sadness in this world sometimes. And that sadness grows and envelopes you and you can't control it. I think to much, that's all. Nostalgia is a disease.

Jose: I did watch Pier Passolini's Salo and that made me feel a little better. Okay, I skipped through it.

Hermes: What a mess you make! (Drags my tongue across your stomach.) There! All gone! Can't stand a messy person!

katehopeeden said...

Writing is the only key to happiness. I am almost positive. Just unload it babe.
You get bored easy and boredom leads to lonliness and lonliness leads to funk.
~K