Wednesday, May 28, 2008

120 Days of Sodomy.



Crossed la linea into El Paso and took in Indiana Jones - not bad, but I guess I am one of those millions that have outgrown that shit. Or maybe it is just me and my cold robot personality that I have morphed into over the years.
Whatever.
Went shopping and bought clothes and a shitload of DVD's. One I was lucky to find was Passolini's Salo. There was a film I had not seen in over a decade back in my all or nothing film school days.
Moping more around - I returned home with my accumilated booty and sat down to witness the horrors of Salo - this notorious film banned for so many countries for so many years.
Eh...I guess I have become jaded with life imitating art and all. I do not mean to say my life reflects that film. I deplore fascism, eating barrels of human feces, and beating kids to the consistancy of Alpo - though the guys in it were way hot in a shaggy haired Greg Brady kind of way. I just found, this time round, the film quite boring. Oh well, I guess it will just become another date movie for visiting guests..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, this movie scared the shit out of me as a teenager.. but i saw it a couple of years ago and it was like..whatever..
i guess we have become jaded.. perhaps..