Side effects of being numb due to mental illness:
- not crying for weeks and weeks on end until one day, you’re breaking down over something that isn’t actually worth getting upset about.
- not being able to tell if your feelings for people are platonic or romantic or if you’re just lonely.
- instead of caring too much, you don’t care at all about anything.
- not being able to process anything going on in your life and when you try, your brain stalls out.
- losing your train of thought every five seconds, so when you try to have a conversation, you have to pause and remember what you were trying to say.
- word vomiting.
- mind “static”.