Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Big Wait.

And I quote. Mainly from me:
For the most part, I have joined the ranks of the Unhappy Waiters and Killers of Time. Oh God, are there so many of them in our land! Students who can't be happy until they've graduated, servicemen who can't be happy until they are discharged, single folks who can't be happy until they've found a mate, workers who can't be happy until they've retired, adolescents who aren't happy until they're grown, ill people who aren't happy until they're well, failures who aren't happy until they succeed, restless who can't wait until they get out of town, and in most cases, vice versa, people waiting, waiting for the world to begin.
And so, once again my life imitates itself and comes around full circle like an innerestin sex act. All I can do is sit this one out. Several roads have opened themselves to me and I have to wait and see within the next day or so to act upon them.
I have changed. The old me would have done something brash. Odd - perhaps there is hope for this withered old borrowed flesh.

1 comment:

monsoux said...

This is one of my favourite quotes