Monday, March 24, 2008

Easterday Be-bop

Wind blew harsh and cold over the sad dry landscape of The City. Them stainky ass hobos were in full production with their wining and bitching so - alone - I took a long walk downtown with the dirt biting my face, my eyes watering and my bones quivered under that big dead gray sky.
Everything closed - it was a beat day in a dead museum. El Paso. El Paso has the knack to suck your very soul out of you sometimes. Sat on the chilled metal bench smoking cigarette cigarette cigarette in the Plaza - wind howled and the dead leaves twirled and soared like the garbage that accompanied them. One boy - gray saggy dressed cholo - worked the uninterested park for a Easter Sunday pick up and he gave me his sad hook but I wasn't interested either. He moved on.
Four friends periodically came through huddled in their ragged coats in a vain attempt to keep out the cold of the world - each made small patter then hit me up for smokes. Billy Martinez. Gilbert De Soto. (Thanks for the doughnuts - ate two fed the others to voracious pigeons.) Steve passed loaded on goofballs spat cotton as he yapped. Fernie swished by with boring pansy chatter. Ugh.
Decided to call my father just to wish him and my mother a good Easter. Wind swirled cold around the telephone booth.
Ring. Ring.
"Hello?"
"Hi, dad - it's me."
Click.
Damn you, father - I don't need your tyrannical ass anyways.
Trudged in the whirling cold wind back to the shelter and lay in my bunk with the bum kicks - really feeling it low and sad, you know? The other faggotry that reside in this dump started annoying me - along with the obnoxiously obese. Just wanted to head to the nearest highway stick out my thumb and go till I can't go no more.
Only reprieve was a newbie that staying there now - actually my bunky - a little piece of eye candy named Mike Lewis. Hopelessly heterosexual but real good conversationalist and that supersedes any form of homo hanky panky, you dig? Really a lovely fella and a good friend. Been decades since I could place that moniker on someone.
Fell asleep to the snoring and the farting and the stench of unwashed bodies dreaming of the first when I can finally escape.

4 comments:

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

Nice to hear from you Luisma.
Been quite a long time.

mkf said...

so the ten grand--you're gonna tell me it's socked away somewhere safe, right?

LMB said...

Jose: I have always been here...

mkf: I won't mislead you in mistruths. I haven't recieved it yet. My monthly $1000, yes - but I am still waiting on that damn retroactive pay. And so...

mkf said...

just checkin