Monday, March 10, 2008

Tin Roof Rusted.

The draw back - okay the downright fucking annoyance - since my return to El Paso has been the five people that I have ran into are miserable mooches. "Hey! When did you get back? Got five bucks?" Jeez, what am I the Homeless Benevolent Society, ferthecrissakes? But, then again there are actually friends of that boy I took and left in San Diego - so what did you expect?
Contacted William Wiggins via cell and am anxious to see the outcome, if it come.
Eating my dinner at the local Jack in the Box, I was reacquainted with an old friend - Scott Goodgame. He, his girl, and I sat and shot the shit as only we can shoot with laughter and insidious gay double entadre - afterwards, his girl had to meet up with family and Scott and I returned to his hotel room to drink Steel Reserves and we watched The Absent Minded Professor. Scott got antsy and asked if I wanted to go to a bar and play pool. Sure, I said and we walked the short blocks to Briar Patch - the local fag joint.
We sat in the back patio, but it was wall to wall screeching snooty queens and I wasn't in the mood fer their shit - so Scott and I trodded around the corner and downed a couple of pitchers at Chiquita's.
Drunk and dangerous, we wanted some local flavor and seeked out a joint called Chico's - but it was shut down. Eventually we found our way to the San Antonio Mining Company - had some good kicks there. Scott saddle up to these two broads - one straight other a liz - and actually we had a great time. Karaoke was on the menu and some short dyke with a buzz talked me into singing Love Shack by the B-52's - and I tell you we cleared the room with that one! The indigenous locals all hooted and hollered the DJ was quite impressive in his music selections as we belted out drunkenly and did our nutzo production number. Scott, however was not feeling it and turned in early - so I hailed him a cab and he split.
Up next, I crooned my off key rendition of Blue Velvet - as this tall hot black guy named Spencer smiled and eyes glittering egged me on. It was a fucking drunken night, I tell you.
When the bar and the beer stopped, I said my good nights and stumbled the two blocks to my hotel room.
I understand this post is a little dry - but I am hung over, so go fuck yourself. I'm gonna watch a movie...

No comments: