Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Reapin' What I'd Been Sowin'.

Last day at the hotel - spent all afternoon trying to locate a bunk. They's got some Kafkian regulations and stipulations on getting a bunk in this burg. Looks like I'm sidewalk camping tonight. But, alas, must stay positive. I do have some cash - not enough for a room - but water and cigarettes. Priorities, Dear Reader, priorities....
Tried this place called Chlamydia or Camillus House - a lot like the Opportunity Center in El Paso and Neal Good's in San Diego - a place to flop during the day, stinkin' vermin infested mats by night. Not much help there - to obtain shelter you have to call the Homeless Hotline and hit or miss. Fact is, I been missin'. Still trying to meet up with these elusive 'Green Shirts' - wily little fucks, never around when I am. If I am told one more time "Ya just missed 'em!" - I'll scream.
Made a meet with some of the indigenous hobo-population here - right friendly folk. However, this is a metropolitan city and I must keep vigilant at all times.
It is time to hustle and trust no one.

No comments: