Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sounds and Visions.

I am halfway through with a new novel. Basically, it recounts a haphazard road trip with myself and an old lover named Juan Holguin. I decided that I would make it semi-comical but with serious opinions concerning homelessness, loneliness, and the arrogant control culture of America today.
Also, it will be told through third person characters. John Poston (Me) and his romantic interest Rocko Tapia (Juan). So far, I am pleased with the results. Though the maudlin memories I had of Juan are all but faded - I haven't seen him since 2001, but we were together for three years - I sit sometimes remembering the good times, going through old photos of he and I. Last I heard, he was still with his wife and juggling five kids. I'm dedicating the book to Juan.
Here is the cover in process. I'm still tinkering with it. My deadline set for a completed first draft of the manuscript is March 2012.




No comments: