Monday, February 16, 2015

plans within plans

I am allowing myself two weeks to make my final decision. My time here in Juarez is done. It is a dead museum and I certainly do not desire to remain and become one of its corpses. So, after a year of deliberation, I have narrowed it down to three locales:


  • Tijuana: To return to the mad, passion infused life which will certainly be an adventure. However, will it be new and exciting or a copy of a copy?
  • Cambodia: To utilize the TEFL certificate I earned two years prior and perhaps to attain new fodder for writing with fresh and sparkling insights from a South East Asian slant. (no pun intended.)
  • Santa Fe, NM: To retire. Buy a house and live out a sedate and solitary life as a gentleman of leisure spewing out a novel a year lifted from decades of accumulated memories.
So, there you have it. It will be certainly be one of those three. Only time will tell in which I will choose, all being tempting and appealing to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Santa Fe is a great place to live but it has become pricey. It seems like they have no middle class. It’s either people with money or people who are struggling. The desert is peppered with second homes that sit empty for most of the year.