Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Disposition on a Sickness.

I have come a long way in the health of my mental illness. The psychotropic medication that they have me on has balanced me out and most of the time I feel quite optimistic. Not as negative as before. The Wellbutrin XL and Topomax are working wonders with this diagnosis of Manic-depressive with schizophrenic tendencies. Or so the good doctor has claimed. This blog is for the world to see, but I kept a handwritten journal for my doctor to read and I was going over it. Can't believe I thought like this.

Example:

Thursday 11/2/05
Third night without sleep. Lie in my bed wracked in pain - loneliness - black sadness.
Around 3:30 am uncontrollable fit of crying - sobbing in great sadness - How did I allow myself to degenerate into this state? I am better than this - obviously not. Alone. Can't hold a job anymore - forced to live in this filthy shelter. I come to the conclusion that there is no reason to exist - this thought makes me cry even more. Perhaps Angela (My doctor) was right - my only way through this is to write my way out.

4:00 a.m - As I set pen to paper, sitting on this warped wooden bench in this filthy shower covered in slime, mold, and shit - Angela was right, this writing has calmed me somewhat. I don't feel like yelling obscenities at the top of my voice or committing random acts of mayhem. Back to my bunk I guess amid the snoring and farting and hacking and smell of sour feet, unwashed bodies and halitosis...when will it end?

4:35 a.m. - A resident hobo comes to take a shit and asks what am I writing. "Nothing", I say. But that is not true I am writing 'All is lost, All is lost' That is all I can ever write - truthfully.

All is lost.
All is Lost.
ALL IS LOST.

3 comments:

monsoux said...

When I counted up my demons
Saw there was one for every day
With the good ones on my shoulders
I drove the other ones away
(Coldplay, Everything’s Not Lost)

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

This also means your movies will be less Lynch and more Fellini or something so yay! Can't wait to see 'em.

jjd said...

There isn't anything wrong with us.. you're the ones who're cut off. You can't se what we see. You can't know what we know."

Strange Angels, Kathe Koja