Saturday, January 14, 2006

King Neptune's Wet Dream.

Ten years pass since I have enjoyed the decadence of a rave and the night has brought me into one and this time one in a foreign land.
Esperanza look jaw dropping in her dazzling blue velvet dress and Ricardo was dressed all in black as so was I but I sported a green plaid blazer. We three were stunning. Jumped a cab to PRONAF, the uppity-high falootin' district of Juarez City. Espie read a map that was given to her from a friend. A friend I hope she could trust. It read we were to seek a man in a parking lot wearing a Cat in the Hat hat. We followed in party atmosphere and childish glee two other revelers in cars searching for this hidden and illegal fiesta. Eventually, in the parking lot of an S-mart, there be he...a dumpy man sitting against a post wearing the Suessian haberdashery. Go to Los Gatos de la Muertes. A coffee shop two blocks away. The cab driver laughed and said, "Pinche ninos." The meter ticked in the cab as we raced over to get more directions. Catch! We zip through dark and trash filled barrios at break neck speeds and came to a huge concrete warehouse in a desolate factory laden part of town. A multitude of cars were parked outside and young hipsters in their goof suits loitered about, drunkenly. The smell of marijuana and the sounds of Reggaeton filled the air.
"This is it!" States Ricardo. And the cab screeches to a halt. We pay the bewildered man and the three of us walk inside arms wrapped around each other like entering the Emerald City. The warehouse was huge and it was packed! The light show was amazing! Kids danced on boxes thirteen feet high and others swung through the crowds on swing sets tied to the rafters lost in the smoky darkness high above. Balloons and other inflatables bounced through the crowds.
Instantly, we hit the dance floor and shook a tail feather to the tribal beats of salsa, techno, and a myriad of other international dance tunes. Espie and I lept up on a box and danced for hours as Ricardo, who somehow became shirtless ran through the crowd dancing with anyone he could. The heat was unbearable, but a gang of scantily clad Atlanteans on a flatbed was pushed through the crowd and hosed down the masses with water cannons. Everyone was issued squirt guns upon entrance and that became quite festive. Then the foam dropped and we were hip deep in the stuff.
The booze flowed and I got very drunk. I met a handsome guy named Enrique and we danced for a bit. He had some weed and Espie and I shared with him. This girl walked by and pinned flashing neon flowers on us without saying a word, she just smiled like the Cheshire Cat. Espie and I looked at each other and burst out laughing. An old lady skated by on Rollerblades and gave me a soap can and a ring to make bubbles and I started blowing bubbles. Ricardo, high off whatever he was taking yelled over the music, "Where did you get those delicious bubbles, mijo?"
"A lady said if I took my clothes off she would give it to me, "I joked.
Ricardo then striped down to his boxers, ran off and was lost in the crowd. Last seen dancing with a short hottie on a box in his tightie whities. Enrique, my new friend, took me by the hand and led me up a flight of stairs, through a maze of dark vault like hallways and when we emerged we where on the rickety fire escape far up near the roof of the warehouse. The view was fantastic. There were a couple of guys and girls up there already and they were making out. Enrique leaned towards me and we started kissing for a very long time.
Eventually, all hot and bothered, Enrique and I returned to the dance floor to get Espie and Ricardo (Who at least put his pants back on.) Unfortunately, I had to leave around 2 a.m., because I had to be at work at 6:30 the following morning. So, I said my goodbyes and took a cab back home.
I had a super time and am glad I spent it with the greatest friends in the world.

4 comments:

ML said...

raves are fun
VERY fun
you should've stayed. trust me, they get better during the later hours, wow, you are baffling, and im glad you lost the baggage :)

LMB said...

Screwy, ain't it?

jjd said...

wee! sounds fun, and with no E? sounds like cheshire girl was the hookup for that junk! what a difference a few weeks make.

katehopeeden said...

You sound so happy.
And I am glad to read it.
~K