Monday, March 28, 2011

Under God.


I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.


I remember when we would recite this in class everyday.

Of course it is illegal to say this in schools now on account it may offend students from other countries. How fucked up is that? On every level?

On a similar note and because of - my classes in TEFL are going smooth. I am going to wait until I get my certificate to choose where I am going. At the moment it is either Colombia or Costa Rica. See how the mind of a bipolar bear operates? hehe

I ran into an old friend on the street yesterday. He being Mike McCabe. It has been five or six years since we had last spoke. As a matter of fact, it is the same Mike McCabe - a heterosexual who was one of the type that would crudely go on about his escapades with females - calls me up one night and invites me to his home in lieu of beer and chat but wounded up seducing me. Wacky.

Well, he is married now and staying at the Hotel De Soto across the street from the cafe that I haunt. The De Soto is a notorious flea bag known for it's seedy clientele and rampant drug busts. It was good to see him again, never the less.

Yesterday about five in the afternoon, I was sitting in the Plaza in downtown El Paso. Sunday afternoon. Long, lonely times, I tell you - streets devoid of all life, quiet as a tomb, the sun setting behind buildings casting long yellow rays between the dark shadows. I sat and I thought and thought some more as I had many, many times before...it's time to split.

No comments: