Sunday, March 06, 2005

And slowly, the world continues to spin...

I work hard for a living. I slave all day under the brutal whip of my Hindu overlord! Taking daily abasement and ridicule from the geriatric demons that rent rooms from the hotel I am now employed at! But I tolerate it with a smile and a "How do ya do?".
Yesterday, as I dragged my weary and tattered ass home, and as I pushed my front door open, what did I find? Some little curly-haired girl sitting on my living room carpet playing with my collector edition Superman action figure, no slobbering all over my collector edition Superman action figure with one-year-old glee. The Son of Krypton was covered in baby saliva and goo.
Sitting on my brand new futon couch, the very same futon couch that David and I would thrash and moan in ecstasy in the still of the night was some fat Mexican girl with big boobs smiling moronically at me.
I said, "Hello, who are you and where's David?"
"Hola." She meekly said.
I repeated myself in Spanish and walked into the bedroom to find David crashed on my bed, the very bed that we banged each other in the love that dare not speak its name on a nightly basis, crashed out in his boxers with that distinctively pungent aroma of freshly fucked panocha wafting in the air. Scattered about MY bedroom were a couple of suitcases of lacy feminine clothing scattered about. I gasped at bras and shrieked at panties. I stared at a box of fucking Tampax and went ape-shit.
"DAVID!!" I yelled.
He jumped up and I asked who that bitch was on my couch. You see, David had returned to Nogales, Mexico for the last three days to take care of family matters or so it was claimed. Casually and calmly as he dressed, David told me that the girl was Maribel.
His.
Fucking.
Wife.
And the kid gnawing on the Man of Steel? Cindy, his one-year-old daughter. He then proceeded to explain that he smuggled the two across the border and now we all can live as one big happy family. He strode into the kitchen and swung open the cupboards to show me all the food that he and she had purchased to show that they were serious in "helping out" while living here with me.
Now, have you ever blacked out? So angry that you lose all control of your mental functions? Where the only thought that burns in your mind is the complete annihilation of those in your immediate vicinity? No? Well, I tell you it is a rush...a confusing cartoon vortex of adrenaline and unbridled hysteria and madness.
There was a lot of screaming, slapping, Mary-ism...front door was opened, clothes--his and hers--flinging down the metal stairs and hurling into the street, Superman was yanked from baby clutches and the family unit excised from the apartment.
Slam. Front door closed.
I lay on my sofa too angry to cry, my mind contorted in hatred and contempt. Why? Why am I to be used like this? Finally, after years of scraping Felix off of the bottom of my shoes, I opened my heart to someone who in all earnest showed nothing but compassion in return only to wait and use my feelings as a second fiddle when his wife was not here. I wondered why David took those weekend sojourns down to Nogales. He said it was to visit his mother. Oh, I am so bitter. My heart is so much colder now. No love. No nothing.
I need crystal, I need heroin, I need pot...something for me to forget. Well, this crappy town's got nothing.

5 comments:

LMB said...

Both are welcome.

Dingle-Dangle said...

A FUCKIN' MEN TO THIS POST!!!
The world does not deserve the likes of us - neither the gays nor those other people.
Perhaps our purpose is to simply be apart of the universal balance. Of course, if that's the case then there must be some place in a galaxy, far, far, away the rest of the "good" ones. Oh how your post pisses me off - in a relational sort of way. It also pisses me off because one should never feel that way. Stupid no good stuff.
I think I'm going to need something a little stronger than pot right now .

Brandon Gaukel said...

I am sorry and happy for your lost. He wasnt worth your time anyways. Life is one crazy game, even Chilliwack

monsoux said...

Well, I'd be the first to be sympathetic, just rememeber hurting others won't make you feel better.

Mother Teresa for you

monsoux said...

On, nethier will hurting yourself...