Thursday, March 24, 2005

Mugwump junky.

Well, two things, first I am a little blue because tomorrow it will be my birthday and I shall be spending it alone in a desert town. Got the bum kicks, y'all. Even Gloria Swanson can't dig me out of this one, Jose. However, a comment from south of the border has set my mind in motion. As of today, I have given my one weeks notice to my manager and on the 3rd of April I shall be moving back into Mexico. A co-worker has decided to purchase the meager furnishings I have bought over the three months. I have not made my mind up yet, Tijuana or Cuidad Juarez. Both have their sinful charms...I have more friends in Juarez, though.
Wait. You don't know? Oh, that's right...how could you. You came in on the second act. Before I slid up into Tijuana's ass, I had lived in Cuidad Juarez on the border of El Paso, Texas for many years. From El Paso, I ventured out and did my five year globe trotting with Dan Cokenhour before flopping into San Diego, asshole bloody and beaten. What adventures those were, kids!
And so, perhaps living in those urban wastelands will get the creative juices oozing once again and perhaps getting some kicks here and there in between. I am really looking forward to the trip, Tucson has become somewhat of a snore factory. And everyone is just so unattractive!
Juarez City is high on the flagpole right now, though El Paso is a human void, the Mexican side is quite the party town. Boys, booze, and dope flow freely and with apathy. I can live out my retirement dream and save enough money to open a gay bar in a Central or South American country.
I shall call it The Screaming Whore.

3 comments:

katehopeeden said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Going home? That's a good present to give yourself. It would be interesting to read the stories you could aquire in Juarez.
I hope you have a nice birthday :)
~K

rich said...

you are the only person i can think of who would benefit from going down south to live... I look forward to reading your stories from there...

and happy bday.

Notas Sobre Creación Cultural e Imaginarios Sociales said...

MAKE IT CENTRAL AMERICA PLEASE!!!!! I NEED A GAY BAR!!!!!