Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Howl and such.

I saw him standing there young and virile
Latin and in leather
Encountering your liquid beauty moves in
Infinite pleasure
I would hold him - the warmth of life would
Pour into me,
I would kiss him - the electricity of Zeus would
Consume me,
I would fuck him - the passion of Vulcan would
Burn in me.
Years flow like leaves in autumn winds
How gracefully you turn away from
Love and reject
It ends as quickly and abruptly
As it began -
He disappears into a dark hole,
Last Words as steel doors slam shut,
"Why don't you look me up in ten years - tell me how ya been."
Quick flight to the Border of Reality
Ten years! A million lost sunsets!
Ten years! Huddle shivering in cockroach slums and know the
Long Black Shadow of Terminal Addiction!
Ten Years! Took the Heavy Metal Fluid down that Lost Highway to Mexico in quest of seclusion!
Ten Years! Flop houses in Norfolk Rent Boys in Juarez Transvestites in New Orleans Bath Houses in Peru!
Ten Years! I run and I romp and I roam to find that which I had lost
But I can't so I won't and I don't.
A little bit older
A little bit colder
By greed, by madness
It goes out inside -
I go out inside
And I am never coming back.
Ten years pass! And he contacts me! Me! Oh!
But too late - he is too late
That boy he knew - dead.
That heart he knew - turned to stone
The stone turned to dust
Blown out into the void.
He returns to his hole and I my madness -
Only way out is to write -
A writer conquered with the legacy of
Burroughs and Kerouac.
A writer conquered by
Hatred, pity, greed madness
I write
I write
I write
I write
For four years
I write.



I checked my map. There is only one person I know that lives in Pomona. Are you reading my blog, F.M.? I am truly flattered if you are.

No comments: