Wednesday, January 20, 2016

progress


Knocking out the section of when William Burroughs first encounters Dave Tesorero and they embark on one of Burroughs' worst addictions on heroin. I do love writing dialog. With that said, a quick reminder, this is still the first draft before editing and revisions, so any excerpts I post, please shut your whore mouth until it is done.

“Can I ask you a personal question?”
“I thought we already covered the fag joke.”
“No. No, something else.”
“This should be entertaining. What's the question?”
“You do junk?”
William paused then stated slowly as if in confessional, riddled with solomn guilt, “I've carried that monkey on my back on occasions, yes.”
Tesorero flipped back his coat lapel and revealed the spike stuck on the underside. It was grimy and speckled with green verdigris. “I’ve been on junk for twenty-eight years,” he told William. “Do you want to score?”

- exerpt from BLEW THE SHOT, current novel, first draft

No comments: