Monday, January 04, 2016

the dawning of a new era...probably.

No. No, it can’t end like this. Not yet. There is more to tell.
Back when I was hanging from an improvised noose in another botched attempt to release myself from this mortal coil, it dawned on me that I couldn't leave just yet, I need to finish that Burroughs book. So, along with the light hearted space opera, I have been working unrelentlessly on BLEW THE SHOT, a harrowing tale of William S. Burroughs account in Mexico City in the '50's resulting in the murder - yeah, that was what it was - of his wife Joan Vollmer. So far, I really like the outcome of the first two chapters...I even jumped the gun and designed a cover...which I am certain will be altered upon publication...a ver.
Indeed...well, I assume I owe you an explanation…
The story so far...
Two months ago, I left Tijuana in bitterment and contempt, jumped a jet, and flew to Tucson, Arizona. I had, over a period of ten years – damn old age – acquired a case of acute calcium spurs in my left foot which resulted in pain whenever I walked. My healthcare was still active from when I signed up for it back in Yuma. I mired a month in the Primavera Men’s Shelter before renting a room at the local transitional housing apartments. A comfortable, clean apartment wherein my rent was only thirty percent of my monthly income. Though inhabited by morons and whiny Americans (what is the deal with privileged Americans, no matter how far down on the social ladder they still find time to bitch when receiving free shit?), I used said Healthcare and made a date free and gratis to have this operation to correct my malady.
During this time, I began penning two new novels (I tell you, escaping death really sparks the creative juices) biding my time while I heal from the footwork.
So, Dear Reader, bear with me. My time in Tucson will not be permanent. I have already set in motion that before old age sinks it's talons in me and flung into some retirement home with my withering buttocks slung across a cold uncaring bench, I wish to circumnavigate the world, see it’s wonders and then perhaps afterwards settle down in retirement.
However, I will be using this blog in the meantime to hone my writing skills, vomiting out whatever prose passes through my careening mind.
Hope you enjoy the ride and, oh yeah…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you back!

LMB said...

Glad to be back!